Effective Date: September 1, 2023
Personal information Collection
Bio.me considers Personal Information as any information that identifies, relates to, describes, references, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular individual or device (“Personal Information”). In order for you to place orders, make purchases, complete transactions, interact with Bio.me or have access to certain features of the Site, we may require you to register or provide certain Personal Information. Our Site has collected the following categories of Personal Information from consumers within the last twelve (12) months:
- Identifiers. Identifiers include your name, address, phone number, IP address, or other similar identifiers. We may supplement the information you provide to us with data we obtain or receive from third parties, such as our affiliates, marketing firms, data vendors or address verification services. For example, if you change your address and fail to advise us, we may verify your address through a third-party address verification company. We may combine information we collect online with information we collect offline.
Some Personal Information included in this category may overlap with other categories.
- Individualized information. Your name, contact information, email address, age or date of birth, payment information, shipment address, employment (if applicable), and other information, including a username and password.
- Protected classification characteristics under relevant State or federal law. Your age, national origin, marital status, gender, or veteran or military status.
- Commercial information. The products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.
- Internet or other similar network activity. Our website collects certain information as part of the technology we use to run our website. This technical information may also include Personal Information about you. This information will be handled just like all other Personal Information we collect.
- Geolocation data. For example, the location of your device or computer.
- Professional or employment-related information. For example, if you provide any company information on the “Contact Us” page.
- Inferences drawn from other Personal Information. For example, information about your purchase preferences. Our Site obtains the categories of Personal Information listed above from the following categories of sources:
Our Site obtains the categories of Personal Information listed above from the following categories of sources:
- Directly from you. For example, from forms you complete, or products and services you purchase (if any).
- Indirectly from you. For example, from observing your actions as a user on our Site.
- From independent third parties related to your transactions or social media interactions on our Site, or our ongoing management of our business.
- From other employees, as part of Bio.me’s management, evaluation, training, and discipline processes.
Purchase and Recipient Information
When making purchases through the Site, we may also require you to provide a credit card, billing address and gift message and that you provide information about a recipient or potential recipient of a gift or a purchase you make through the Site.
We may collect information from you by using cookies. A “cookie” is a small text file stored on your computer containing information about you. Cookies help us analyze web traffic, provide user data for a particular webpage, and allow web applications to be adapted for you as an individual. This helps us tailor our operations to your specific needs and preferences by gathering and remembering information about your preferences. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies. If you would prefer to prevent your computer from accepting our cookies, please follow your Internet browser’s steps for doing so. If you do disable cookies, however, you may not be able to take full advantage of all our online features or access certain sections of the Site, including the “shopping cart.”
The major browsers have attempted to implement the draft “Do Not Track” (“DNT”) standard of the World Wide Web Consortium (“W3C”) in their latest releases. As this standard has not been finalized and is not widely adopted, Bio.me’s Site does not recognize DNT headers. However, the site does accept “Global Privacy Control” signals if your browser has implemented them. Note that if you have accepted cookies via our cookie manager, that setting will override any Global Privacy Control signals your browser may send.
No Data Collected from Children
The Site is not directed at children and should not be accessed by persons who are not over the age of 18. As a result, we will not knowingly collect information from minors in the U.S. with or without consent from their parents or guardians. Protecting the privacy of children is very important to us. If we obtain knowledge that a user is under the age of 18, we will take steps to remove that user's information from our databases.
Use and Disclosure of Personal Information
Use of Personal Information
Additionally, we or our affiliates may send communications about events or promotional offers offered by us or our affiliates to an email address or through other contact information provided by you on the Site. If you do not want to receive such communications from us, you may opt-out of such communications by sending an email to email@example.com.
Disclosure of Personal Information
We do not sell the Personal Information we receive through the Site to any third party; and we only disclose Personal Information as described in this Policy or as required by law. We do share some of the Personal Information collected with our affiliated companies and our advertising agencies for business purposes.
In the preceding twelve (12) months, we have disclosed the following categories of Personal Information for one or more of the business purposes described in this Policy:
- Identifiers such as your name, address, phone numbers, or IP address, for example if we use a third-party carrier to deliver your order;
- Personal information, such as a credit card number, for example if we use a third-party payment processor;
- Commercial information, such as the details of a product or service you purchased to deliver any products you request;
If you do not want Bio.me to disclose Personal Information about you to its affiliates or advertising agencies, you may opt out of such disclosure. However, while you may opt out of ads, Bio.me may still disclose your Personal Information to service providers performing services on Bio.me’s behalf, or as permitted or required by law and as set forth below. Disclosures that are permitted by law include, but are not limited to, sharing Personal Information with service providers about transactions or experiences or as may be required to provide you with the products you have requested.
You may exercise your right to opt-out by emailing Customer Service at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by contacting Customer Service at 1-702-900-6601. Even if you opt out, we may disclose Personal Information in the good faith belief that we are required to do so by law, or that doing so is reasonably necessary to comply with legal process, respond to any claims, or to protect the rights, property, or personal safety of Bio.me, Bio.me’s employees or customers, or the public. We may also disclose your Personal Information as part of, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets or acquisition.
We will use reasonable administrative, procedural, and technical safeguards to protect your Personal Information. Although we take measures to safeguard against unauthorized disclosures of Personal Information, due to the nature of the Internet, we cannot ensure or warrant the complete security of any information you transmit to us.
Storage and Processing of Personal Information
By using the Site, you acknowledge that your Personal Information may be stored or processed in the United States or any other country in which Bio.me (or its affiliates) or their respective service providers maintain facilities. This means that we may transfer information we collect about you including Personal Information to entities across borders to another country or jurisdiction. If you are located within the European Union or other jurisdictions with laws governing data storage or processing that are different from United States laws, please be aware that we may transfer information to a country that does not have the same laws.
Retention of Your Personal Information
Bio.me will retain your Personal Information for as long as required to provide the services or complete the transactions for which your Personal Information was collected. Bio.me will also retain data for as long as legally required or allowed to do so for compliance obligations, dispute resolutions and by the schedule in the Bio.me Record Retention Policy.
Correction of Information
You can assist Bio.me with maintaining the accuracy of your information by notifying us of any change to your address, telephone number(s), email address(es) or any other information by sending an email to email@example.com or a written request to: 713 Salyers Drive, 1B, La Vergne, TN 37167 specifying the information to be updated or corrected.
Username and Password
Where you enroll with the Site, you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your username and password, if applicable to this Site. You shall be responsible for all uses of your username and password, whether or not authorized by you. You agree to immediately notify Bio.me of any unauthorized use of your username or password.
Links to Other Websites
STATE PRIVACY RIGHTS
Under certain State laws, residents of those states have certain privacy rights (“Rights”) listed below. Note that some of the Rights are not absolute and are subject to certain exceptions. For instance, we cannot disclose specific pieces of Personal Information if the disclosure would create a substantial, articulable, and unreasonable risk to the security of the Personal Information of yours or others, your account with us or the security of the business’s systems of networks. There are also exceptions to deletion requests if the information is necessary to complete a transaction, for internal uses aligned with expectations, compliance and legal obligations, or for other internal purposes in a lawful manner compatible with the context in which the consumer provided it
- Right to Know. You may request us to provide you the specific pieces of Personal Information that we have about you, categories of Personal Information we have collected about you, categories of sources from which the Personal Information is collected, categories of Personal Information that we sold or disclosed for a business purpose about you, categories of third parties to whom the Personal Information was sold or disclosed for a business purpose, and the business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling Personal Information. Please note that much of the information for which you can make a request is already contained in this Policy. Should you wish to exercise this right, please contact us via one of the methods noted below under “Exercising State Privacy Rights.” If you do not have an account with us, we may ask for some Personal Information in order to verify your identity and your rights to the data subject to your request.
- Right to Delete. Some State law gives residents a limited right to request deletion of their Personal Information. However, this right is limited by a number of exceptions. Fundamentally, if we have a permissible need to retain Personal Information, we are not under an obligation to delete such information, even when requested. Generally, we retain Personal Information so we may complete the transaction for which the Personal Information was collected, provide information or a service requested by you, or reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform a contract between us and you; detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity; or prosecute those responsible for that activity; debug to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality of our online properties; enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with your expectations based on your relationship with us; comply with a legal obligation; or otherwise use your Personal Information, internally, in a lawful manner that is compatible with the context in which your provided the information. As such, we generally do not accept requests to delete Personal Information. However, we will respond to requests to remove Personal Information from some of our systems as a part of a request to close or otherwise disable an account. If you would like to request deletion of Personal Information, please contact us via one of the methods noted below under “Exercising State Privacy Rights.” If you do not have an account with us, we may ask for some Personal Information in order to verify your identity and your rights to the data subject to your request.
- Right to Correct. If Bio.me maintains any inaccurate Personal Information about you, you have the right to request the correction of that inaccurate Personal Information.
- Right to Opt-Out. In the general sense of the term, we do not sell your Personal Information to unaffiliated third parties. However, we do disclose Personal Information for the purposes of third party marketing and cross contextual behavioral advertising. Based on the way state law deals with these activities, you have the right to opt-out of these kinds of disclosures of your Personal Information by Bio.me.
- Right to Appeal. In the event that Bio.me responds to your attempt to exercise your state privacy rights in a way you feel is not appropriate, you may appeal this decision. In order to do this, you need to contact us as specified in the “Contact Us” section below. Please specify that the reason for your contact is to appeal a decision relating to the handling of your Personal Information and please reference or include a copy of the communication from Bio.me which you are objecting to and the reason for your objection. We will respond to your appeal within 45 days of receipt of your appeal.
- Designating an Authorized Agent. California law permits California residents to designate an agent to manage their rights under California law. If you would like to designate an agent to manage your privacy preferences, you may do so using the mechanisms noted below under “Exercising California Privacy Rights.” Note that if you do not have an account with us, we may ask for some Personal Information in order to verify your identity and your rights to the data subject to your request. We will also need sufficient Personal Information about your authorized agent to be able to identify them. As part of this process, you must have permission from your authorized agent to disclose their Personal Information to us for the purpose of acting as your agent.
- Non-discrimination. Some state laws do not permit us to discriminate against you because you exercised any your rights under this title, including, but not limited to, by: denying you access to goods or services; charging different prices or rates for goods or services, including through the use of discounts or other benefits or imposing penalties; providing a different level or quality of goods or services; or suggesting that you will receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
Exercising State Privacy Rights. If you are a resident of a state with specific privacy laws and would like to exercise any of your rights, you may do so by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org as described below, or via toll-free number at 1-702-900-6601. Please be aware that we will need to have sufficient information to be able to verify your identity and the rights you have in the data related to your request.
Attn: Customer Service
713 Salyers Drive, 1B
La Vergne, TN 37167